Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

If you want bootiful hair

Tucking G in last night. He was playing with my hair. Pulling it really, but he means well...

He says, "Mom you should get a muppet to make your hair bootiful."

I say, "A what?"

He says, "A bum pit."

One more time, I say, "What?"

And then it comes to me... he's saying "Bump It."

I nearly rolled out of the bed laughing. If you don't know, a Bump It is the latest in a long line of hair clips such as the bannana clip and topsy tail... It's an "as seen on TV" product designed to give your hair style extra lift in the crown, a la teasing and White Rain used to do... Today we have Bump Its.

We TiVO Spiderman cartoons for G. We watch the same ones over and over. On the Sandman episode, just after the Amazing Trains video commercial is, you guessed it kids, the Bump It commercial. The kid is paying attention.

He says he's going to get me a Bump It for my birthday. Well, he didn't say that, but the conversation ended like this:


"When is your birthday, mom?"


You could see the wheels spinning... Deeda, if the bump it comes up around the time of my birthday, if he remembers on his own... dial the 800 number. I've got to have it. Just priceless.

3 comments:

  1. If you get the Bump It, you've got to post pictures of your bootiful hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, though it will say Kona and Dixie..this is really Erika! Hilarious story and the bump it is now on sale at several retail outlets including Bed, Bath and Beyond (I have a 20% coupon...who doesn't?) and HEB! No kidding I saw it there this weekend. Only $9.99. What a STEAL for BOOTIFUL hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. G... go to Walgreens, they have it too. (Not that I've purchased one... ehem... but maybe I should - if you'd see this mess today, you'd know).

    ReplyDelete