Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Age of Aquarius

A partial eclipse of the Moon took place on Saturday, August 16. I wouldn't have known if I didn’t get some very informative junk e-mail from astrology.com Monday. According this site, the eclipse was in Aquarius. Confusing leadership situations, power struggles and sharp words were to be expected. These are all details Deeda might have liked to have known before I went all psycho over the weekend. No reason. All’s well now (always was)—just temporary insanity.

I was already blaming it on the full moon when I got the eclipse memo. But I was most happy to have the fact that the sun, earth and moon literally aligned to blame for my behavior. Intrigued, I dug a little deeper and expect I will now get MANY more junk emails from astrology.com because I made a few clicks.

According to the astrology experts, the lasting effects of the eclipse depend on what house the sign Aquarius falls in on your personal birth chart. Turns out Aquarius is barely on the cusp of my 10th house. Which means nothing for this eclipse based on what I can find. Still, I told Deeda I was CERTAIN birthing one Aquarius boy who lives in my house counts for something… And there you have it. I am not crazy. I am a mom. A working mom. And I just want some time for myself every now and again- Damn it!

Ironically (or maybe not) Aquarius in the 10th house is all about “focus on the goal of many.” This sign in this house is connected to far-seeing visions and group work. To that I say hmmmmmm and announce the first meeting of 10 or so mom’s who really want to see their kids ride their bikes to the neighborhood public school is scheduled to be at our house tomorrow night. I do believe I have “a cause” I will be working on in the coming years. The global hope is quality education and community. The underlying benefit is saving 10s of thousands of dollars on private school so our kid can go to college someday instead.

And while we’re on the topic of planets, let’s talk about Krypton—as in the planet Superman is from—for a moment. You didn’t think I would post without a G-man story did you?

So, I have glasses. I never wear them. But I’ve been so tired lately and my eyes are bothering me. I decided to give them a try for the second shift in the evenings. So, I am wearing them last night and G says to me,

“Mommy, you’re like Superman. You have glasses. Take them off. Fly me.”

So, I took off the glasses, closed the computer, put on my cape and knee high red boots and flew G to the bathroom for his bath. My kid thinks I am like Superman. I can live with that.

p.s. I am also most impressed he knows the Clark Kent look and relates it to the man in tights. Where did he learn that!?

3 comments:

  1. Remember it is never cool to poo in the pool!!!! YEEEAAAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is getting pretty pretty serious!!!!!! YEEEAAAAAA. OOOSHAAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I yelled at Aubrie today but I think it was becuase she peed on the floor then wiped it with her hand and shoved pee in my face. Maybe its becuase she is an aquarian.

    ReplyDelete